Thursday, January 17, 2013

Empty Out The Freezer

This smoothie is inspired by my boredom with the classic strawberry banana I usually make each morning. I opened my freezer this morning and said, "what frozen organic matter do I have that can be blended together besides strawberries and bananas". I avoided the ancient green peas and frozen scotch bonnet peppers, and stumbled upon haphazard smoothie heaven. I recognize that the average smoothie purveyor doesn't have these three frozen ingredients lying around, but it's probably worth it now. The combination of coconut and peach makes for a smooth and creamy base with a kick of ginger and the tang of apple juice.




Ingredients:

  • 1/2 of a 6 oz package of frozen shredded coconut
  • 1 good handful of frozen peach slices, about 12
  • Less then 1 tablespoon of frozen ginger root
  • Almond milk
  • Apple juice
Directions:
  1. Place all frozen ingredients in blender
  2. Cover up to 2/3 of ingredients with almond milk
  3. Fill up the remaining 1/3 with apple juice to just cover the frozen stuff
  4. Blend for a long time to ensure adequate coconut pulverization

1 comment: